Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Find the passion



Just realized how to truly make a connection with a person. I have been doing this every now and then with people without even knowing it- and I had done unknowingly with those I know can call long time friends. It is:

DISCOVER WHAT THEIR PASSION IS.

Now, it might be a bit mean, but I have also come to realize that if the person I interact with does not have a passion, I have no entry point. No passage through which I can create a significant enough emotional bond with the other person for it to be a memorable encounter. There has to be this, otherwise there will be nothing. I have to see the excitement in the other person's face and I have to feel like I have been enveloped by a blanket of (their) self-pride. Self-pride because usually the person will be more than proud to talk about whatever ticks their fancy - and I am all for listening to that and learning something while I am at it.

I discovered this on a recent lunch outing with a lady friend. Small talk is OK. Flirting is OK. But what really would have made the lunch was if I would have discovered this passionate center.

photo taken from :